Tuesday 11 September 2012

NYFW: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Always a staple on the NYFW calendar, I wasn't quite so enticed by Marc Jacobs' main line this time around. For me it felt quite SS12 Louis Vuitton, albeit with a lot more midriff. His diffusion collection, Marc by Marc on the other hand was really exciting.

I'm really into the head wraps (well, if Ryan Gosling's girlfriend is doing it..) and the fun, clashing prints. And who doesn't always love a good socks-and-heels scenario? There was a lot of socks-and-sandals action at the men's SS13 shows a couple of months ago too so it looks like his-and-hers dressing is on the cards boys!

Continuing with my fave trends to come out of NY there were some great clashing prints and androgynous vibes - I can totally see myself in the men's looks too!





Such a cute jacket!..




Of course I did adore the final look from Marc Jacobs though. Ideal sleeve-length and boyish figure with some playful sheer and mixed patterns = right up my street.. And another side parting too!

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment