Sunday 26 August 2012

Fashion Cravings

It regularly makes me sad that once a season is over those clothes are lost forever to the annals of fashion history. My indecision (and bank balance) often means that trying to decide on and buy up all the key pieces of the season in a mere 6 months is nigh on impossible. Inevitably there are pieces that will forever be resigned to mere wistful notes on this very blog. I don't believe that just because a season ends that these pieces are no longer relevant, I'm very much interested in eternal personal style as opposed to the fast-paced turnover of fashion for fashion's sake.

If it were up to me I would still be buying everything I could get my hands on from Miu Miu's Spring 2010 show. I mean.....!


I recently took this crazy obsessing to new levels and tweeted at the lovely Louise Gray in a desperate quest for the perfect jumper from her AW11 collection however she politely replied it is archive only. I'm not worthy.



My current cravings from (relatively recent) fashion weeks past that suit my mood & still reflect AW12 are...

An evolution of the pyjama pants trend (something anyone who knows me will tell you I have bought heavily into) into full-on pyjama suits of the palazzo variety. Think less 'sick day' and more 'Bianca Jagger at Studio 54'; heels and full hair & make up are a must. The perfect actualisation of this that still sticks with me is this sublimely decadent look from Louis Vuitton's Spring/ Summer 2011 show.


I would pair this with those Yves Saint Laurent caged boots from Spring/ Summer 2009 that I absolutely hated and didn't 'get' at the time but now curse myself for not buying...


I've also been noticing lots of plaid mohair in the September issues and was reminded of the perfect dress from Carven's AW 2011 show (below) that serves as my current screensaver. What fashion girl worth her salt doesn't love a Cher Horowitz/ Clueless reference? If the 90's insist on being a trend I will definitely be interpreting it a la Cher!


Carven Autumn/ Winter 2011

Clueless

I particularly loved Fashion Editor Francesca Burns' cute story in September 2012's British Vogue starring Lindsey Wixson, shot by Terry Richardson.

Skirt by Michael Kors
Jumper by Michael Kors

Plaid set by Tommy Hilfiger


Excuse me while I scour every sample sale/ yard sale and eBay account to try to track these down.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment